With the event of Coronavirus it is recommended to implement the following cleaning measures to deal with the spread of COVID-19. Inline with Airbnb enhanced cleaning initiative and short-term accommodation guidelines according to STAA, these should be carried out to help prevent and stop the spread of Coronavirus and virus.
An absolutely critical part of short let and Airbnb Management has always been at the top of HelloGuest’s agenda for hosts and guests but now it is even more important than ever to reduce the spread of infection.
Here are some guidelines that we will be following which will specifically focus on COVID-19 prevention and use disinfectants that are approved by regulatory authorities:
- Wearing protective items when cleaning. Items such as disposable gloves and facial coverings when possible can provide additional protection and washing hands straight away after removing gloves.
- Ventilating rooms. It is recommended to ventilate rooms and properties before cleaning and sanitising to increase air circulation.
- Wash hands in the recommended way before and after each cleaning. Inline with current standards wash hands with soap and water for 20 seconds or use a hand sanitiser if that is not possible which is at least 60% alcohol.
- Clean and then sanitise. In the normal way use the correct detergent to clean the surfaces to remove dust, grease, dirt and germs and then spray with disinfectant and wipe away.
- To prevent the spread of germs avoid touching your face whilst cleaning. It is recommended not to touch your nose, eyes or face with unwashed hands whilst cleaning.
- Using the correct disinfectant. Paying attention to frequently touched surfaces and using the right disinfectant will help stop the spread. ‘Most common household disinfectants registered by the Environmental Protection Agency, as well as cleaning solutions with diluted household bleach are believed to be effective against the coronavirus’.
- All linens will be washed at the highest heat recommended by the manufacturer. This includes towels, bedsheets, mattress covers, kitchen towels and blankets where appropriate.
- Carefully removing any cleaning materials and gear. After cleaning immediately take off any protective wear and dispose of them or wash them accordingly. Also remember to wash hands again before leaving the property.
Guests will want to take steps to reduce their risk of infection by social distancing, so we are offering self-check-in and checkout where possible by using a key safe or smart lock to reduce person-to-person contact.
It’s critical for good Airbnb property management to adjust and take any measures that will help protect and prevent the spread of harmful viruses.
Hopefully, you will find these cleaning guidelines useful so you can be confident that guests and cleaners’ safety and health is being protected to the best standard during and in a post-COVID19 world.